Monday, October 26, 2009

Extra Credit- Muhammad Airport

I am left with a burgage of feeling after reading these two stories. On the one hand I have a fear for traveling to places like this because of the corruption. On the other hand I am excited as have always want to travel to the mother land and see how African live. As I know that the author of this story is well and had many wonderful adventures in many foreign in lands I have a deep since of respect for him. It takes a lot to leave your comfort zone and explore the scary unfamiliar world. Bravery is a wonderful trait to have and builds moral character. Would I have been brave enough to argue with customs over the outrageous fee? Would I have panicked when a total stranger took my passport on the pretence of helping me through customs? I am not sure of either of these answers but I would like to think that I would take a leap on faith and do whatever I could to get what I wanted. The author obviously wanted to travel the country no matter what and would not be deterred. I enjoyed both poems immensely as they made me hunger for an African adventure.

No comments:

Post a Comment