Monday, October 26, 2009

Extra Credit - Hispanic Heritage

I really enjoyed the Hispanic heritage performance. Even my finikey husband who does not like anything enjoyed it. As musicans both of us love to go to live showing when ever we can. This event was the first time that Ive ever seen a live Mariachi Band. There were awesome and so professional. There lyrical sound left me with chills racing up my spine. Who knew that Mariachi's had such beauticul voices. They must have practiced for a long time to get there perforce just right. KiKi and the Afro Peruvian project was great as well. They made me want to get up and dance a salsa dance that I dont quite know. It just make me want to move my body. The bongo player was very talented and was throwing "bows" on the bongos. We were transfixed under there spell moving to the swave of the rhytum that was surrounding us on all sides. I just wish that i could have stayed long enough to see the flamingo dancers.

No comments:

Post a Comment